How the sync with Dropbox works?
Every platform supported by Walletx also supports Sync with Dropbox. You can sync your data on any device with Dropbox account. No worries about security as your data is protected by AES encryption technology.
If you have data on one platform (say Desktop) and want it on another device (say iPhone or any other supported device) you can use sync operation as below.
1. First sync your PC with the Dropbox. See Video.
2. Now your data is there on Dropbox and you can sync your iPhone with Dropbox and will have the same data on phone.
Whenever you make changes, you need to manually sync with Dropbox so that data on Dropbox is always stay updated.
How much safe is my data with Walletx?
Walletx is very secure and uses military standard algorithms of cryptology to encrypt your data. We used the native cryptography APIs for encryption as they are well tested and hardware accelerated. With native security algorithms and protocols, it is always better to rely on well-tested and reviewed implementations than to develop own encryption technologies. In Walletx, we have used 128 bit AES encryption with PBKDF2 using SHA-HMAC256 for key generation from master password, which is further used as key in AES.
I forgot password of my database. How can I recover?
Sorry! There is no way to recover your password. This password is not kept anywhere and it is never logged so there is no mechanism to recover master password. This is to provide best and optimum security to your confidential data.
Currently I am using KeePass, Is there any way I can directly import data in Walletx?
Yes, by using the free desktop version of walletx, you can import data from KeePassX, KeePass and Password Safe. Importing data from any of these softwares is very easy. Follow the steps below:
1. From KeePass/KeePassX/Password Safe itself, export your data into corresponding XML.
2. Now import XML into Walletx's desktop version from File->Import from XML->[XML Type].
3. All your contents will be imported into walletx. NOW DELETE THE XML YOU JUST EXPORTED.
4. Now you can restore your imported data on to phone by using backup and restore on feature of mobile phone.
WARNING::Make sure you have deleted the XML exported by KeePass as keeping the unlocked XML into PC is very unsafe.
How can I use backup/restore options to backup my data and restore it later?
Using Backup/Restore is very easy. It is available for mobile phone versions and helps you backing up your phone's data onto PC (or any other WiFi enabled device). It works over a normal Wi-Fi network connection. Follow the steps below
1. Connect your phone to the same WiFi network to which your PC is connected.
2. Now start the Backup and Restore service from Mobile-Walletx's Settings.
3. You will be provided with an IP address on next screen. Type that IP address on PC Internet browser.
4. You will see options to backup or restore data. Using them you can backup phone's data onto PC and restore the PC's data on phone.
I am using Walletx on my Android device. Can I use same data that on my newly purchased iPad? How?
Definitely you can use Android's backup on iPad. Walletx's data is fully cross platform compatible among all supported platforms. You can backup your data from any supported platform and restore it to any other supported platform by using backup and restore feature on your handheld device. You can also sync your data with your Dropbox account.